Sunday, August 14, 2016

Our Parents & their love story

Saturday, 3 Jan 2015

Previous
Next

Today is my mama cooking! Rare. Rare. Usually she just eat and sleep. Hehehe. 

Just now I heard she was asking papa, what he wanna eat she will go and buy then cook for him. 

Me 😲😲😲!! 

People who know us will know. Many commented how lucky my mama is to have married papa. Cos papa pratically did everything in the house since day one they got married. 

Our eldest sister would be 42 years old if she is still around. Their 43rd year of marriage to date.

Papa was not feeling well... (Now better already no worries ya)

Mama married papa when she was 16 years old. Papa is 15 years senior than mama.

Papa always joke and tell us he married mama because looking at her 'sock sock' 'sampat sampat' (silly) he scare nobody want her or other man bully her so reluctantly he married her. 

Bullshit ah my papa sometimes. Our mama last time was a beauty lor! 

I heard in their kampong, she is the number one beauty everyone said ah!

Them.

Mama at 16 years old. Papa is the only man in her life to date.

Wow....

This is mama at 21 years old. 

They offically got married after the birth of our 2 elder sisters. Think due to the law last time.

Sometimes I look at mama, cant help but have this thinking. 

I would not have survive the marriage if I am her. 

No. Papa is not a violent man. In fact he is one of the bestest, nicest and most gentle man I've seen. 

Then why not surviving the marriage?

Cos that is also the reason. Papa was a casanova when he was young wor... Many 'liang jia fu nv' (girl next door) good girls fall in love with him ah.... 

Even knowing he is married.

Haha.. I know cos when I was 7 years old, he brought me along to meet a lady. That lady bought me sweets and asked me to call her 电话妈妈 (mummy). 

Erm.. Yes. I called her that. Cos sweets were like more important than my life back then. 

Lololols. 

Not worried to share this cos mama knows all papa's secrets now. And she would often joke with papa now. Ask him if he miss his ex girlfriends or not etc.

Heard one time my grandmother even brought mama to catch papa during one of his meet up with one of his ex girlfriend. 😂 

Whenever mama brought up this she would pull papa's ear jokingly.

Now you know why I said I dont know if I can survive the marriage if I am mama. 

But please dont judge our papa... He is a good family man. A man who place his daughters much more important than anything, anyone else. 

He has never neglect anyone of us. Not even once. Imagine he has 6 daughters. Actually we have a brother (Our 无缘的哥哥) He should be the 3rd in place. But he was born without a cover on the top of his head. Papa said he look so beautiful but was gone right after birth. 

Ok. Back to my parents marriage.

I ever asked papa during my first marriage (on the verge of divorce after the final abuse took place in the public), (when I was 23 years old) I asked him, if I were to endure everything, will I also be like them 白头偕老 (blissfully married till old)?

But before papa could speak Ah Wu objected. He said, "你要被打死啊"?! (You want to be beaten to death is it?)

But every now and then papa will jokingly say, especially when he heard me asking hub on his whereabouts, if any girl like him etc etc. Papa will scold me.

He say nowadays divorce rate is high because women are too educated. He say 女子无材便是德 (Virtue is a women without talent) 

Then he quoted, see your mother? Last time I so many girlfriends she still stick to me till now? If your mother is like you all, sure divorce liao.

I will tell him, this is bullshit ok. Lolols! But come to think of it. He sure has a point there. Once we decided to forgive, we should give our best to forget. 

Should unfaithfulness took place. Either you think you will be able to forget then you forgive. If not, move on. 

I've said before. Asked myself if to chose between physically abuse or being cheated on. Honestly I would prefer physically abuse then being cheated on. 

Nothing to do with being highly educated really. I just cant...

Really wanna know how many of you girls have the same thought as me?

Which is/are the most bad habit/flaws you cant accept from a husband/boyfriend? 

Something which you think you might chose to divorce a man than to endure?

So yesterday papa was admitted. 

Saw mama crying in her room.

So I asked her why cry? 

She say cos papa havent come home... Wah then she cry even harder.

So you see? My mum forgave my dad, earned herself a good husband and us enjoying having both parents together as a family now. 

Whats your thoughts? 

When I was younger, an auntie told me "那个男人死了还是你的老公, 你才可以说他是你的老公" "不然以候的事谁都预料不到"

(You can only call that man your husband till the day he passed away (he is still your husband in name) Else no one can predict what will happen in future) 

But I personally feel this is too negative? Didnt we all marry with the thought of happily ever after?

For me, looking at my parents I still strongly believe in marriage. Marriage should be enduring and happily ever after. 

I believe... 

They aged and their love grew stronger.

Cooked by mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment