Sunday, August 14, 2016

June 2016

来。今天我们学 'Deng Nanr' (Chinese idioms) 😄 Can any guess correctly what are the Chinese Idiom in this picture?😊

Love this series soooo much...😍

We have observed Yuxuan's developed a 'Cheeky' character!😐 Her hobby is to pinch people lah... Especially pinch and disturb Yurou.😯😔 

And Yurou is getting more and more good girl lah...😍😍😍

Cheeky little monster.😂

Pissed Yurou off already she happy😁

坏 len. (Naughty)😄

😍

💖

Have been feeling very happy and 欣慰 recently. Cos my ah bong's results is super good for the past year after MooMoo's departure.

4 years ago when he was chosing his stream after PSLE. He qualified for the express stream but his marks is considered the lowest for express stream.

So he was back to normal stream in secondary 2. At that time when he was making the choice of normal or express, he asked me about my opnion.

Told him, if is mummy, mummy will chose normal stream because that way can steady steady move up. Not so stress.😄 

One of my HR mentor gave me a thrashing down upon hearing my thoughts. 😂 Told me I should encourage him to chose express. Cos she felt that this way he would mingle with all elites and be better along the way. Stress and sucess walk hand in hand she feel. She told me "你不要害你的孩子啊!"😁 

So I sat down Bong told him the pros and cons for both. But mummy's think normal stream better.😂

Still Bong made his choice on express stream with the thought of dont want his mother to spend more $$$. Express would means spending that $$$ a year lesser.. 😍

Then 3 years ago, he 'dropped' to normal secondary 2. Considered proven that my 'opinion' suits him more?😂🙊 

If you were to make the choice for your child, which will you chose? 

Say your child qualify for both but if express, he/she would possible be the lowest grade in class/level.

But in normal, he might be the top 5 in class.

Knowing this HR mentor of mine is truly one of the best thing happened to my life. She is my 贵人。We do have disagreements on views, work flow and personal issues etc. Hers is rational and systematic. Whereas mine is more towards empathy, technical and logistically. 

But after years of working as a team, we came to acknowledge each other's strengths and weaknesses thus compliment each other more.😊 Not I say. Many ex colleagues comment that our HR team is the strongest so far, during our time.😍

Her strategic planning and policies writing is 'Mo Dak Deng' (super powerful)👍 And she is generous in imparting her knowledge as long as one is teachable. This, we share the same thoughts. Mentoring. 

I will tell you my story today in terms of education level vs career soon. Something am even 'shy-er' or rather reluctant to share more than my personal life encounters.😁 BTC mah.... Paiseh.😁

But please. This dont learn or even be inspired. Cos the path is tough. Really tough.....

I eat a little hokkien noodles first.😊

My ah Bong de results😭😭😭 

2nd in the whole level and 1st in class.😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Comment from his teacher.

So Bong is in his 'N' level now. Doing super good. Most of his time is into his books, sisters, accompany papa, basketball and exercising.😊

He wanted to work part time but told him no. Cos the period is so short. He just concentrate on his studies, revise and have quality time with family.

Back to my HR mentor. One huge difference between us is, she is ambitous while I am 'chest without mole' 胸无大志 type.😂😂😂 

Used to freak out so much / resigned whenever my ex superiors proposed promotion for me.😳😵 If its not my call to reject, I'll ran away as fast as I could.😂 

Actually in me is more like contented really. 
HR is more than just a meal ticket to me. But is the passion that kept me going. In so many ways I've achieved so much happiness performing HR related issues.

Love to do all functions of it. Every bit of it. 

Always a HR Generalist in all the 18 years of experience. Meaning to say I dont just work on specific functions in HR but the overall. 

HR Generalist, the key personnel within the HR department of an organisation. Principally, the HR Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations. We set and manage administration of policies, procedures, programmes, reward, discipline, welfare, compensation, etc. of the organisation. 

So. What does a Human Resources Generalist do? 😂 

We need to; 

plan staffing logistics and responsible for recruiting staff for the organisation. Which come along with space/work place planning. Because work environment greatly affect one's performance and productivity.

We are also the personnel's 'rong mo mo' contributing in professional development of not only the personnel but the organisation as a whole.

Employee welfare, safety, wellness and health and counselling. Involvement in the development and implementation of policies.

HR policy development and documentation inline with the company’s corporate vision.

We also do performance management, working closely with senior management. 

We develop compensation and benefits package and systems that fit the organisation at the same time lotsa benchmarking in order to stay competitive in the market. 

The usual payroll administration and recruitment is common but also in our job description.😊 

总之 all the way to 红白事都是我的事就对了 dai ji.😂

And so much more...

Wah you havent fall asleep ah? 😂😂😂

There are so much more in HR. Continue saying 'Wa Mian Tan Jiak Liao' (ricebowl break)😂 Nah. More than willing to share. With my HR people/team.😂 

BUT STILL. It all depends on the organisation's goals and directions at the end of day.😁

Btw. This is rong mo mo. The old servant for a concubine's chamber during those emperor times like what dynasty what dynasty.😂 Seeing to the concubines needs and serve.

She is also the head of all female servants I think.😂 And the punisher (discipline master to all female servants).

But the only difference between her and me is, she is sibei cruel in her disciplinary actions.😂😂😂 会死人的😂

Ok. I realized I've drove you to 'Holland' again.😂😂😂 (Out of topic)

Ah Lian's employment history; 

1. HR Clerk $800 at 16 yrs old
2. HR & Admin Assistant $1400 at 19 yrs old 
3. HR/Secretary/PA $1800 at 21 yrs old
4. HR Exec at 25 yrs old
5. Senior HR Exec at 30
6. AHRM at 30
7. HRM at 31 to present

What achievement is this.😂😂😂 

Age of about 29 I worked with my HR mentor. She literally had to 'forced' me in accepting the promotionsss x 3 times.😂 To an extend she had to shout at me.😂 She told me "You are already performing the role of AHRM. What are you afraid of?! Whats holding you back! Dont you want progression in career?! In life?!" 😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Told her, I just want to serve the rank & file people because they are the people who doesnt know their rights. Who need more of my help with direct contact. 

Dont want to have the barrier between them and me. Almost wanted to cry that time beg her not to force me😂😂😂 

But I know she meant well. A Mentor indeed.

I dont have a 'Degree' nor even a 'Diploma' 

It takes me 20 years to be where I am now. Ok. Partly due to my rejections to change in the previous employment too. Until mentor came into my life. Thous really 'buay tahan' (cannot stand) her last time. 

Super stingy when working with her. Do lettering for her, she "Alignment, alignment! Where is your alignment!" 😂😂😂 

Years ago, I've realized. We need to see the bigger picture. Not the bigger money to me.

But the greater responsiblities and 'help' we can contribute to ALL employees in an organisation. Not only rank & file. We can do more for them when we plan strategically as a leader. 

Mentoring = Duplicating/Creating more Mentors/Leaders😊 

Ok. I go sleep liao. Tomorrow up at 6am. Good night.😙

No comments:

Post a Comment