Saturday, August 13, 2016

Our Papa

Thursday, 13 Mar 2014

Papa and his trishaws

Previous
Next

Feeling happy for our papa who got himself a new function to his 'toy'! 😊

The new function cost about $800(SGD). This is considered discounted price as said by his friend who installed it for him. $400 was discounted.

Papa is so happy! Yesterday he painted his 'toy' in gold! He say that way look more class. Hehehe.. Our funny and lovely papa.... 

Am writing this today, seeking a little favour from all kind readers, you. 

Hope this will not be too much to ask for..... Your kind help will be greatly appreciated by all in the family....

This is our papa with one of the 4 trishaws he used to have.

5 years ago, papa has been riding a trishaw for almost 15 years.. He used to have 4 trishaws 5 years ago. Now he only have 2. 

Because, about 5 years ago, we forbids him to ride the trishaw for money purposes. He can only ride it for exercise or own leisure. So he gave away the other 2 to his friends.

This trishaw here, was bought at $1200 about 6 years ago. 

Papa would ride his grandchildren around the area of Jalan Berseh, Bugis, Lavender and Mustafa. Any further then those areas, we will not allow. This has been made clear to him.

Guess this is the only hobby our dad have.... 

Any grandchild of his is naughty/cry, he would ride him/her in it, few rounds around that area. Its a grandfather's own unique way of love. 

Many friends of our family would know how much we love our dad....

Any daughter of his is unhappy, out of love, feeling worried? He would also ask us, "θ¦δΈθ¦εŽ»ε…œι£Ž"? (Wanna go for a ride)

Papa would also buy favourite food home for the family by riding his trishaw. Of cos around the said areas. 

He would also ride mama/Yurou/my niece to mustafa center, OG@Albert, my 2nd sister's house at Bugis etc etc. 

Now. He is only allow to ride his trishaw for such purposes. Many years ago, he was not allowed to use it for riding passengers. We disapproved of it.

So. Needless to say my Yurou is his most frequent 'passenger' now, since she was a baby? This was taken when she was about 6/7 months old. 

From the look of it. It looks dangerous right? But papa have secured 4 locks to the legs of the pram. And of cos the seat belt. 

Now Yurou dont need these. She can sit on the cushion by herself. 😊 

And if the road/slope is difficult for papa to ride? She will shout "Jiayou! Jiayou!"

Just for sharing. Many years ago, papa used to have a license to ride foreign passengers at Bugis area (if you know). 

For one trip, a foreigner would pay about $50 to the owner of the organiser. Papa would then get about $10 to $12 per trip. And papa's highest record is about 10 trips per day last time.

Well, the payment of cos would exclude the tips from nice foreign passengers. According to papa, he used to get $50(USD) as tips from caucasians passengers! Most of the tips will be $1 to $10(USD). 

And the highest he made was like $250 a day last time. 

Now. Given the line our papa was previously at? All sisters give tips whenever we go overseas. Especially our 3rd sis? Everytime she give generous tips, she would say "aiya they not easy, our papa bring us up also not easy la"

And she would say, "Remember our papa last time got good tips very happy also" 

These words influence me a lot. During a trip to thailand last year with 3rd sis? She taught me to place the tips under the pillow. The cleaner will take from there. So during the 4 days spent in the hotel. Me and hub everyday without failed will place the tips there. 😊

And the massages we go, we will also make sure we give tips. (Ok. Talk about massage. Next time I will share a funny thing happened to me).


Back to the trishaw line at Bugis. Papa say there are a lot of highly educated students making a living there too. And of cos, a lot of implusive and reckless trishaw riders too. 

Cos they need to ride fast back to their start point and obtain another number tag for the next customer. So many times, the riders will just ride as fast as they could back to the start point for more passengers. 

But we told papa he mustnt and theres no need for him to hurry! He dont need to rely on that.

You see. Papa has 5 daughters now. 

We all give him monthly allowances which is more than enough. And he has quite an amount of savings in his bank account now. Actual amount I cant say lah.... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

But his greatest asset is us I guess? And liability........... Maybe my mother? Lololols! Which he always say jokingly. 


Now. His age is catching up. So we wanted him to install a motor to assist him alittle. 

I took a little test ride yesterday as requested by papa. He wanted to test the motor. He told me he wanted to see if he can easily ride up the higher road with the help of the new motor and with a 100kgs on his trishaw. 

πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜” That hurts. He laughed. 

So I tried out for him. Erm.... Now I have some concern after trying. 

No problem going up the higher road with the motor. 'With me on it of cos'

But;

Concerns I have;

1. The motor itself weighs about 25kgs. And the 'fuel/electricity' it contain can be used up pretty fast. What if halfway its used up? Then that would be adding on to the weight. And papa will have more difficulty in riding on higher roads.... Told papa he need to ensure the fuel is fully charged before ridding the trishaw.

2. Who can carry that 25kgs of motor up to his house for charging everytime he need to charge it? Told papa this is where my ah bong comes into the pic. 😊

3. On normal road, the trishaw seems to be a little fast? Told papa he cant cycle too much/use too much force on normal roads. That is so dangerous.

Many many thoughts came to my mind.... Am happy he got this motor to assist him in riding higher roads. Yet at the same time will worry more.... 

Which is why am writing this. Hoping for a little favour from all.... Your kindness and understanding will be greatly appreciated by all in the family....

Dear Drivers and friends of Drivers,

We know how fustrating it is to have come across reckless trishaw riders around Bugis area. 

We feel your fustration on how these riders cut through your lane without proper riding following traffic rules, riding against the traffic at times.

We also know that some trishaw riders at times ride in a swift like they think they are very cool? 

We feel you...

But.. While having these frustration, may we sincerely seek your kindness in a little more patience for these trishaw riders? May we humbly ask for your help by spreading the request to your friends/family members who are on the road driving as well? 

As, these riders are just making a living trying to earn the loaf home. Its a pretty hard job. We all love to drive a car comfortably with airconditional. How many can do so.

These riders are riding out there under hot sun / raining days.. 

Ridding a trishaw might be a hobby for some old folks.

Their love/little ones might be/are waiting for their return at home.

They might have little kids/grandchild onboard where they ride them to and fro from school nearby.

My papa is a responsible rider. He ride by following the traffic flow and rules. But he is getting old with his eyesight falling him a little? So at times, he might just stop and struggle a little on higher roads. Or he will get down and push the trishaw a little?

We love our papa a lot thus this request. He is our hero. And I believe the family members love the trishaw rider they have in their family too. 

If you are already doing so or are telling your driver friends/relatives now,,

Thank you with a grateful heart from all of us. 




Thursday, 6 Mar 2014

Decision made


Papa was playing with Yurou the last weekend.... 😍

While they play, few thoughts in my head these days and am kind of struggling abit with it? 

Always think it would be great to have 2 more kids for my current hub. However, many thoughts came into my head. 

Finally decided, Unless we are ready for a helper (maid) in the house? Then yes. I am good to have more kids. 

Cos papa isnt getting any younger. And I needa work.. Any decision made cannot be just about myself/about what I wanted.

But of cos, papa is more than willing to look after our kids while we are out at work. 

To be exact, he is actually hoping and is more looking forward to my sister's baby then mine. Hahaha. He said it. But he also said he wont mind me having more thou. 😊 

Our papa love us and treats all 4 of his grandchildren equally good. Just like all his 6 daughters. I know. Even I always tease him, "aiya you love ah Teng most lah" 

Then he will smilingly say.. "all same lah.. She's too skinny mah..."




Another thought came to me too.


Have I spend enough quality time with my parents? Than focusing all my attention and time on my kids? Did I make enough effort, balancing the love? 

Hope I have been doing a good job so far. At the same time I know there are always room for better improvement.

Yurou and her ice-cream in a cup. 😊

She loves ice-cream alot! πŸ˜€

Then she continued... Honey stars.. 

A little 'paused' earlier. Lets continue.. 

Was saying about my papa...

Papa was the main caretaker for Ah Bong (my 2nd son) since Ah Bong was born. Cos Ah Bong was really, really difficult to look after when he was a baby. He practically woke up crying every 1.5 to 2 hours and almost every night... 

Till the 4th day of my confinement, I fainted.

Papa learnt about it and came imed to the then matrimonial house at Tampines, offered to bring him back, looked after him since then. 

That time papa was saying, since my maternity leave was 2 months and a month was already taken as pre maternity due to some complications during the last stage of pregancy with Ah Bong. So may as well let me rest for the next 26 days during confinement.

Papa was also heart broken that ex hub did not want to hire a confinement lady nor lifted a helping hand with the baby (Ah Bong) at all. Being a super extreme MCP, he also expect home cooked meal from his wife (me) everyday without failed. 



Failed him with that (home cook meals) at times due to unwell? Would be scolded for being plain lazy. 

2nd confinement was like a nightmare for me. Washing clothes, cooking, house cleaning all by myself. Ex hub thinks that buying a washing machine is a waste of money. So he didnt want to. Clothings had to be hand washed back then. 

I still remember! Was cutting gingers during that confinement, I can even feel little air with little smoke coming out from my fingers! So weird!

Then I asked around? Thought I got some special power?! 

Then heard from an older auntie that usually for females during their confinement, all bones in their body will open/expand till the 30th day and will fully close till the 40th day kind of thing?

So during this time (confinement), women should try to keep away from water and air? Else if otherwise, wind will be kept inside the bones when it closes? And cutting gingers by a lady during her confinement, with the smoke. Its normal..

With all these, papa brought Ah Bong back to his house till now... Ah Bong is so attached to my papa. Even till now, papa say he couldnt sleep if Ah Bong is not beside him (when he's camping).. And that goes the same for Ah Bong.

Papa can bathe and look after newborn babies very well! His one and only lullaby is "ε°η™½θˆΉ" which he sang to all of us, our babies and his 6 younger brothers (when they were babies)...

This is how great and lovely our dad is....

Now the last confinement? Wow. 

Yurou is exactly the same as Ah Bong's baby time. Like her brother, she practically woke up crying every 1 to 2 hours at night. And that lasted for 6 months. Thereafter was about every 3 to 4 hours till she was 1.5 years old... Then her sleep was about 6 hours for another 6 months (2 years old)... All I wanted and wished for was a uninterrupted sleep for like 4 to 6 hours will be like the best gift to me back then....

I guess this feeling is familar to some?

But I was happy during my 3rd confinement. Even with this Yurou so difficult to be looked after. 

Cos papa will dropped by every afternoon, bring her to his place and let me sleep for some hours. So during night time when Yurou is naughty, at least I wont be too tired. 

And current hub is capable and willing to all tasks (after some trainings) in looking after his daughter (except bathing her). He dont know how. πŸ˜„

But night time will have to be me. Cos hub is a Baker. Need to wake up at 5am.

Our love, our papa. 😍😍😍

He is always there and love all his daughters us, the prettiest (1st sis), the fiercest (2nd sis), the shortest (3rd sis), the fattest (me, 4th), the skeleton (@qiuqiu, 5th) and the 'bimbo est' (you know who you are yo) Sijie wont tag you. LOLS! 

with his very unique methods and hands on style, he teaches us. Not in grades but the moral values in life, respect than fear and showed us to filial piety by his actions. Treating his foster parents and brothers as own.

So. Conclusion is. 

I will spend more time to love my parents than giving birth again (tired them out) till I am ready for a helper in my house.


And hub can love my 2 good boys like his own.. Because and anyway.........

Who can garantee biological son/daughter will be filial to his/her own parents? No one.

And who can say foster/step children will not be filial? Look at my dad. He cared for and love his foster parents. Brought up 6 younger brothers (by foster parents)....





No comments:

Post a Comment