Sunday, August 14, 2016

My Husband ❤ Part Two


Teaching Ah Bong to make fruits tarts.๐Ÿ˜

Hub bought this celery juice for me. I thought its just juice. So why not? Wah puke. Drank a slip, asked him to finish it instead. Yucks. ๐Ÿ˜

We made dumplings the last weekend again. Now hub just cooked a bowl to share. 

Thursday, 1 May 2014

My husband ๐Ÿ’–

Previous
Next

Have been looking at this photo in my phone with a lot of thoughts racing in my mind... 

The other day at chalet. Hub was teaching Casper how to see if the food are cooked and good to serve. 

With Casper patiently listened to hub as he learn how to set up BBQ pit and BBQ food.

After that training, Casper cooked most of the food for us. ๐Ÿ˜

How time passed. Casper was only 7 years old when he met hub. 

Hub often teased him then he playfully ran away from Casper. Cos Casper would felt offended by hub's teasing and ran around the whole place chasing after hub. They often play like mad when Casper was small.

If you know, scene like that is extremely precious. Especially to me and my kids.

Like what we see in drama? Another man seems to be loving our child more than their own biological dad? 

Something I thought I would never be able to give my children after the divorce? 

Cos that time, remarry had never crossed my mind.

Disregard how great the feeling was? I know I cant be implusive. Cos I am not alone? Have 2 boys with me, depending on me to give them a healthy growing environment. A fearless and love one.


Especially we all heard so much about kids being ill treated, abused by step parents etc etc. 

These were over the news since so long ago. 

Yes. That does freak me out. 

Before hub and I were offically married, he stayed with us 3, for 5 years. Casper too. Before he was promoted to Secondary One.

Despite all the goodness he treat us 3, I still dont have the courage to get married the second time back then. Even after so many years we were together. 

So hub remained as a Work Permit holder in Singapore for those years. And only got his PR status after we got married in 2011. 

Just the thought of, if I made another wrong choice again, how am I able to face my beloved family members and my boys......

There's a saying, once bitten twice shy ah.... Or the chinese version, once you got bitten by snake, even a rope freak you out.

So, that time I did something before filing the marriage online.

With Casper being so mature even at his younger age, I had a good talk with him. 

Asked him how does he feel about Jinzeng gor gor after all those years? I remember he asked me, why leh? This boy very smart.

So I used another approach. Cos didnt want to let him know my intention of remarrying for a start cos he might be saying yes all because of me? 

So, I changed by asking Casper to tell me truthfully how he feel about hub? Does he like him? 

Casper told me yes lor, he like. Hub is very funny. And very clever. (Cos hub was his tutor in maths) 

Casper had to translate each sum / sentence in chinese. Then hub would teach him patiently everyday. Till Casper got high marks in maths and love the subject to date. 

Ok. But Casper did told me, only sometimes hub is very long winged. 

Lolols. Cos hub would asked him if he had done his homework and request to check his school bag ON A DAILY BASIS.

I continued, this time deeper into the topic.

Told Casper. Ok... when mummy is around, mummy can see Jinzeng gor gor treat you all very nice... But mummy need to know one thing truthfully... Is when mummy not home yet and he is with you all? Is he also equally nice? 

Like for example did he ever beat you or your brother when mummy is not around? Or even say nasty things or behave nasty to you and your brother before?

I added and emphasized to Casper that this, he need to answer me truthfully. Because didnt he want me to be happy with a good man too? 

Casper's voice suddenly was raised up when he said those words to me. 

"Mi! ไฝ ๆฏๆฌกๅšๅทฅๅˆฐ่ฟ™ไนˆๆ™šๆ‰ๅ›žๆฅ้ƒฝๆ˜ฏ้‡‘ๅขž gor gor ้—ฎๆˆ‘ๅƒ้ฅฑไบ†ๆฒกๆœ‰็„ถๅŽ็ป™ๆˆ‘้’ฑๅซๆˆ‘ๅŽปไนฐไธœ่ฅฟๅƒ็š„ๅป"! "ๆˆ‘็š„ๅŠŸ่ฏพไนŸๆ˜ฏไป–ๆ•™ๆˆ‘็š„ๅป"! 

(Mummy! When you are at work, he is the one who always asked me if I had eaten and gave me money to buy food when he knows I have not eat! And he taught me homework too you know?!) 

I was abit shock cos the volume he said those was a bit loud lah... Like why am I doubting this man when he treat us this good.......

Casper's words embarked in my heart deeply. And will be with me till my last breath. 

That he approved of this second man in my life.

So I told him about the intention. And asked him to let me know if there's anything he missed out telling me. 

He said ok marry. And added, really. He really got nothing to say about hub. Cos there's really nothing bad is happening during my absent! 

Ok..... Then I felt a little bad for doubting hub afterwards....

Then I proceeded to file the marriage and did tons of relevant permits for his legal stay and status in Singapore till present. 

With great support from family members. ๐Ÿ˜Š Especially my sampat sister Ah Teng. ๐Ÿ’– 

She is my greatest pillar support. She and hub super good terms. Hub laugh happily even she often make fun of him. 

Whenever hub knows we quarrel. I swear his first reaction is say I am in the wrong. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ก 

But ok one. Cos I also love my sister very much. ๐Ÿ˜Š

My BP is 147/85 today. 

Told hub, ok this time I will just hold my breath and swallow the shity taste alike celery drink. 

He didnt buy from the juice stall? But he bought fresh celery from supermarket instead. 

He say he will make it for me. Very nice to drink one. Ok.... ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ท

He was washing them earlier....

Then he make them for me.... 

His trick is to add a teaspoon of honey for me.... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Hub woke up every morning at 6.30am and knock off at about 7pm. Including today. Due to the shortage of manpower in his company.

Yet he still think of me, knowing my high BP, went all the way from purchasing to making the drink for me after his tiring day, touches me greatly....


Almost done. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hub ever told me something, after a little disagreement on the kids. He do not approve of letting the boys have iphones cos he say that would effect their studies. 

He thinks a normal phone is good for them to make calls.

But I am more like a mother who wanted to give my kids the best? Maybe sometimes I might end up spoiled them without realising? I hope not.

So years ago we argued a bit on this.

Hub's words to me were, to be a father of own is so much easier. Cos he can insist on teaching methods which he dont agree on for his own kids. And may use the cane at times when needed. 

But to be a stepfather is not easy at all. He cant raise his hands nor be too firm on the teaching methods even for the welfare of them. But he will still do it and give his best for me.

And everything he does will be, after he asked himself if given the same suituation, would he be treating his own the same way too? 

Hub cook spare ribs melon soup. 

The smell is so nice...... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Steam dumplings in the making again. 

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Soup is like abit oily..

Chili padi is my love.
Garlic sauce is hub's love.

And he kept asking me, "how baby, nice"?

Told him its ้ฉฌไธๅพ—ไบ†ๅผ! (Marvellous!)
And told him,"่€ๅ…ฌไฝ ็œŸ็š„ๅพˆๅŽ‰ๅฎณๅป"! 

Lolols! Thats my papa teach me one. Must say nice.... Then next time still can eat.....

Hub's supper. Steam dumplings with chop garlic and soy sauce.

His mouth stinks max now. ๐Ÿ˜ง 
But I love......

Hub was preparing dinner for all of us.... ๐Ÿ˜

And he would each time he know Ah Wu is coming home..... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

And he will sure prepare some spicy food which Ah Wu and me love...❤❤❤

Hub cooked this for us with papa's guidance....

Soup cooked by hub. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Dont know whats this. Anyway, its good!

Cauliflowers! My favourite!

There. Our dinner. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Wo de Jay Chou lookalike so cute hor.... ๐Ÿ˜

I wanna kiss him ไธ€ไธชไบ†...... ๐Ÿ˜†

Saturday, 5 Jul 2014

Citizenship for hub APPROVED! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Previous
Next

Hub opened the letter box and passed me a letter(he dont know whats the logo stands for). 

Me? Just by seeing the letter head on the envelope, I almost climax really. ๐Ÿ˜„

(Pardon me. I really cant help it)

Yeah! Its this! The ICA! 
(Immigration & Checkpoints Authority) of Singapore! 

This means a lot a lot to us...... Sent in the Citizenship application for hub in Sept last year.

So, with most most excitment, I opened the envelope with hub sitting besides me, watching my face expression.........

The letter start by saying, "We are pleased to inform......." Upon seeing this line, I, "Yayy"!!!!! Turned to my hub, gave him a loud kiss, told him its APPROVED with an IPA!!!! (IPA = In Principal Approval)

Then I continued reading...... Shock.

There are so many steps for hub to complete. Just the online learning and tests can last one who understand English a day or two! 

Let alone my hub dont understand written English.... Although over the past 9 years, he learnt quite a lot from me.. But still not even half bucket full. 

Now this got me worried. Challenging.

The online learning is about everything, from history, living, education, total defences, law, meaning of our flag and national anthem of Singapore. 

Now. History of Singapore? I myself only know Sang Nila Utama and the lion ah..... Oh and Sir Stamford Raffles.

Flag of Singapore? These were my thoughts initially: The moon stand for our ๅ›ฝ็ˆถ or the lion? The stars stands for all the races living together? 

I can go bang my head against the wall. 
ๆˆ‘ๆƒญๆ„งๅ•Š.......

Looking at the suituation, with myself such a letdown. I've decided. We will go through those videos one by one (there are about 30 of them) and in total about 80 quiz questionaires? 

Only that part, 'Working in Singapore' is like a breeze to me. Hehehe! Ah Lian me is pro in EA (Employment Act) one leh. In my fingertips lor. *Proud face* ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 

Kidding really. Nothing to be proud of when I dont even know what does the symbols in my flag stands for. I know right. Erm... And Lim Boon Seng is who, me dont know ah.....

Ok I learn and train patiently....

Finally all the tests were completed with 100% correct! But I am humbled and truly impressed by this system in place. 

Now. Not only my hub know. I truly had learnt a good lesson too. 

Then..... Not done yet wor. 

To complete this, hub need to chose, register and attend a day in historical places of Singapore for sightseeing, to have a better and practical understanding of Singapore. 

So we chosed National Museum + Fort Canning Park. 

Then on another date, he also need to attend a 2 hours of getogether and briefing at our Community Club.

After these are done, then we can proceed to the next stage.

Come to think back. What are these to us when we have braved through so much the past 9 years plus... 

When he was on a work permit earning $800/month for 12 working hours many years ago... Additional hours was like $3 per hour. 

I am more than thankful even with him a PR now actually. 

So, perhaps one might ask, then why still apply Citizenship? 

Actually not much a difference really. With us owning our own flat and hub having a good job now. 

I think its only a matter of time for this conversion. Anyway, he is gonna be here for good with his wife me and his '4' kids. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š 

What effect most will be, I will not be required to apply visa for him when we travel next time! No more reject lane experience! 

We, or rather me, made a joke of myself 2 years ago. 

That was the first time 3rd sis thought of driving us to JB for a day tour?

That time hub just got his PR status. Sis and friends asked me before the date we were going, "eh really no need apply visa for your hub? But my friend say need leh" 

Told them, no need ba.... My hub got re entry permit leh.... If need, we will just pay for visa on arrival ba.... 

So happily we 4 went ahead. But the 4 of us ended up in the custom office. Cos my hub hold a China passport. And there's no visa on arrival. We need to apply beforehand. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

So we were told to go back by the reject lane. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Sis felt so embarassed! Cos its her first experience in the reject lane coming back to Singapore. And I felt really bad lah.... All 4 of us applied leave, still planning in the car about where we should eat, massage and shop later. End up we ate in Causeway point instead. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Then my head was hanging down with them laughing at my stupidity to date. ๐Ÿ˜”

So when I got that letter, happily I share with my love ones!

3rd sis say, "No more rejected lane"! 

Lololols! Badly traumatized ah she. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This i learnt, "Kiang tio ho. Mai kek kiang"

(Dont Act Smart. Ask / Google if you are unsure)

Back to the Visa applications. For China passport holders, they are required to obtain Visa in beforehand prior their entry to most. 

Have applied visas for hub for our previous tours to Thailand and Taiwan. 

Taiwan is the most, most tedious one. Firstly because you must never refer to the website for the forms. As was told they were not updated. So we gotta make a trip down to the embassy for the correct set of forms. 

Secondly. The forms were all in complex Chinese charactors (็นไฝ“ๅญ—).

Thirdly, the requirements to the slightest thing such as envelope type must also be fulfilled. And you cant purchase them in their office. 

One word wrong? Redo and re photocopy then re submit ok. 

And the time available for application is only from 9am to 11am, on certain days of the week.

So for that Visa to Taiwan, we made 4 trips to the office. We were either told that wrong envelope or wrong word written. Whole stack of document needs to be revised and re photocopied then re submit.

Lastly. There is only ONE lady who is aware and is in charge of these applications. The correct procedures and forms are not in their website. 

That lady is truly fierce and not friendly to begin with really. You cant ask too much. Else her tone will be raised.

I applied that visa apply till I almost KI SIAO (go mad) really. 

So me and hub decided after that application. No way am I applying TW visa ever again. We will go TW only when hub is holding a Singapore passport. Humph.

Oh and remember to bring along your own set of stationary (below) and best if you can, equipment. Cos they wont help you with even the slightest thing like a stapler let alone photocopy one piece of document ya. ๐Ÿ˜Š

The building dont have any stationary store or shops for photocopying too. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

* Photocopy machine (LOLS)
* Glue stick
* 2 white A4 size envelopes
* Stapler
* Pen
* Scissors
* A cool, calm and forgiving heart

So I am the most happy with this approval..... 

I no needa do Visa applications for our future trips next time... 

Happy till me so wanna cry ah..... ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ

Wednesday, 12 Nov 2014

Hub made steam and fried buns for us on another day!

Doo! 

Dont ask me recipe ah..... Cos I really dont know... Only know eat....

Hub cooked these for us on another day! 

The fried rice was quoted very good by my tenants. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š Can be compare to dont know what restaurant they said. I forgot already. ๐Ÿ˜›

Again. On another day, hub cooked us ๅค่‚‰้ฅญ (Braised meat rice)

Nice this. I like.

Chili prawns cooked by papa. 

BEST EVERrrrr. 

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Hub was playing PS3 the other day. I think is what, "God of War"?

He cant find the way out to the next. So usually he will ask Ah Bong, @cyrusprongto help him google/search youtube. 

Lolols! Childish.

Hahaha! 

Ok. Then I 'nuar' (sleep) where?

Cooked by hub. Very nice this...... 

He say is what German style something... 

Aiyo, I dont care whats that... I just eat.

Playing with his 'girlfriend'....

Thursday, 11 Dec 2014

Hub intend to buy a pair of shoes. So he browsed thru the website for the pair he likes. He took a long time! 

Getting impatient, asked him, "ๅ–‚, ไฝ ๅฅฝไบ†ๆฒกๆœ‰่ฟ™ไนˆไน…็š„" (hey are you done yet? Why take so long....)

He told me, "่ฆๆ…ขๆ…ข้€‰, ๆ‰้€‰ๅˆฐๆˆ‘ๆœ€ๅ–œๆฌข, ๆœ€็พŽ็š„้‚ฃๅŒ" (Needa chose slowly, then can find the nicest and the pair I likes most...)

Told him, "Walao eh, ้€‰่€ๅฉ†ๅˆไธ่งไฝ ้€‰ๆœ€็พŽ็š„, ้€‰ไธช่ƒ–ๅฆž"? (Then why you never chose a pretty one as wife, chose a fat one)

He, "่€ๅฉ†่ฆ้€‰ๅฟƒ็พŽ็š„" (Wife must chose heart pretty one)

Me: Feeling a cool breeze in me......๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š Like floating in the air~~~ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Tuesday, 27 Jan 2015

Looking at his Singapore passport like finally... His10th year here. Our 9th year together. 4th year of marriage. 

For this change, we will make sure he blend in good. 

First, needa give him some hardcore......... ~~~ english sessions lah... 

Pan fried dumplings hub made the other day. If you noticed most of the food were made by him? 

Actually I can cook pretty well too. Doubt so? Hello? I had to cook everyday since the age of 16 leh... My specialities are mango braised duck, drunken fried/BBQ chicken wings and many more hor... @qiuqiu loves my chicken wings...

Reason of me seldom cook is hub always 'yiam' (complain) the dishes I cook are too bland, not salty enough, this and that. 

Ok. Li kiang Li Lai (You good you cook)!

So me told him to take over cook his own 'salty shit' somewhere about 4 years back. Then me will just, "Oh they are so good, so nice~~ So AWESOME"! 

HAHAHAHA! Then he is hooked till now. 

There see? Me 'caver' not?

Btw these are cheesy bake potatoes.

So now he cook I look after the girls and do the washing. Fair enough. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Some dishes he cooked past weeks.

And again, moral of the story? When someone does something nice learn to appreciate. The hard work and its thoughts behind. 

So even if we needa give feedback? Do it tactfully. For example, if some dishes hub cooks sucks big time? Will tell him, this dish will be PERFECT if less salty, if adding of that particular ingredient etc. Something like this lah.. ๐Ÿ˜„

This is nice.

Ah Bong can finish this big bowl all by himself whenever his stepfather make this.

Hub know bong loves. So he will cook this for him quite often.


~~~~~~~To be Continued~~~~~~~








No comments:

Post a Comment